I had been drooling over Pottery Barn’s Hayden Zig Zag Rug since the first time I saw it in their catalog.
Over the holidays, it finally made it’s way into our house.
With three 4-year-olds and two dogs in the house, it probably wasn’t the best idea to lay down an expensive rug that I absolutely adore at this phase of our lives.
Especially since its’ home is in our dining room, which is functioning at the kids’ play room right now.
But I am absolutely in love with it and think it looks awesome in our home.
Therefore, I am VERY protective of it.
Unfortunately there are some ‘accidents’ that you just can’t prevent.
Like a dog getting up in the middle of the night and peeing on it.
Hard to believe one of these sweet pups would commit such a heinous crime.
After muttering some curse words under my breath, convinced my new rug was ruined, I did some research on “How to Clean Pet Stains Out of Wool Rugs.” And I’m pleased to say that after years of battling with dog stains on the carpet, I’ve finally found something that works!
So if you find yourself in my shoes, where your dog (or cat) has peed on your precious rug, here’s what to do:
1. Try to soak up as much of the urine as you can first. Pull back your rug and place a folded up towel under the stain.
2. Place a folded towel on top of the stain and step on it repeatedly to soak up the urine.
3. Pour Nature’s Miracle Urine Destroyer (I found some at PetCo) on the stain, completely saturating the rug.
4. Let the cleaner work its’ magic for 5 minutes. With a clean towel, soak up cleaner by blotting/stepping on towel.
5. Repeat steps 3-4 if stain/odor still remains. Once you’ve blotted up as much as you can, let the rug air dry. This may take a full day.
I am happy to report that this totally worked for me and there is not a trace of pee on my pretty rug! I also tried this on a dried up dog throw up stain on our carpet and it worked beautifully.
*This post is not sponsored by Nature’s Miracle. I’m just so happy to have found something that actually works that I wanted to share it!2 Comments